Lots to update on- first- I am now the proud owner of Christen Ales Interior Design, which means I am no longer working for the old firm Bulhon Design Associates. I am officially a free bird and open for business! I work in the Austin area, but would be excited to work on any out of town projects as well and have e-packages available. The website is almost complete, but for now I’d like to share some pictures of my own home. And they are Before and Afters (which I know we all love!) Enjoy! Photography by my talented husband, Merrick Ales.
Things to note:
1. We changed the concrete floors to wood laminate-super durable by the way, even for dogs
2. Built a new wood mantle at fireplace (by Greg Brooks
and Merrick Ales)
3. Everything else you see decorative and furnishings wise obviously, but I custom designed the console table which is made out of MDF and wrapped in grasscloth wallpaper, trimmed out with nailheads and topped with a piece of glass. (also built by Greg Brooks and Merrick Ales)
4. Bargain items: Wing Chair- $25 on Craigslist, Wooden side table on Craigslist- $75, Pair of stools-$40 at antique store (refurbished by me), Vintage pair of lamps-Ebay, Wood frame chair- Antique store
5. Hand made curtains by my mom and me
6. Kilim pillows from Sukan
7. New paint color
Aka, the Christmas corner (puke :\)
Things to Note:
1. New furnishings and window treatment, obviously.
2. New light fixture- CB2
3. Bargain items- Midcentury hutch from Antique store- $125, Dining Chairs- $75 each from a local consignment store (awaiting a new fabric)
4. Succulent planter by me
5. New paint color
Things to Note:
1. New paint color and cabinets painted light creamy white
2. New curtains, made by me
3. New floors- same as Living and Dining
4. New light fixture
There are still many more projects to come, but we feel this is a good start.